Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbanks please put this in the proper place/for what it's worth a SS camaro and I were.....

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  jbanks15 
#1 ·
Was behind a SS Camaro this morning on an on ramp to RT.75. On the interstate we both hit it and stayed neck and neck to 155/160. Don't know what they have in them but we both gave all we had. I imagine they are a bit quicker than an SLK55 with a few mods, hey Jeff? 0:)

#2 ·
Mark
When you can do at least 180 we can talk

#4 ·
Maybe next meet
I'll have the lsd to add to the kleemann camshaft by then!
Don't forget to wear the depends! :D

#6 ·
Mark keeps forgetting I am not restricted by a governor so I can go past the 180 I have already been past. He cannot go past 150-155 that his governor restricts him to. So it is about speed no matter what Mark says.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Bench racing. SLK32 traps at 110, car and driver, SLK55 at 111. Your 7-speed is the advantage not power or torque. I have asked if you have dyno numbers, no answer thus far. If you do I will take the time and pain and cash to drive to Sarasota and get some. A dyno tune on my car would likely add some power as there are no more mods that are cost efficient for me to do. 1/8 mile would be fine since you don't know of a place near the last outing. Nothing wrong with losing, just not trying. Mark

#9 ·
I don't show all my cards before the 'river'.
Makes the humiliation of the other racer more complete. :D

#11 ·
No dyno numbers. As you said, that is bench racing.

Here's a dyno to keep you happy. Not mine. HP too low :D

#12 ·
if it's straight line speed you guys are arguing about why not just buy a drag car? that option is about who has the most cash to waste on tuning and power mods.
if it's whos' car & driver combination is quickest round a track, which in my opinion is the best test, why not organise a meet at a track?
loser buys the beer & burgers!

#13 ·
He's challenging me all the time
He had his chance at our picnic
Oh wait. He was no show :D

Again I have no governor
So he cannot ever catch me

#15 ·
He never mentioned it and stated about 140 was how fast he went
That is still about 40 less than my current top :D

#16 ·
Jeff, I went 160. The whole post was about being dead even with a 400HP Camaro that has 3.91 gears to the best of my research. You and I will have an 1/8th or a 1/4 mile race, simple. For some reason you feel it will be a big deal if you win. I will shake your hand, break at least 2 bones and say "good race". maybe you will be my incentive to buy an SLK55? I consider us to be friends and as I recall you said there was no good spot to race near the picnic. Since I do not drink and am a vegetarian the prospect of racing a "legend" was my only incentive to come that far. As you know Sarasota is the longest drive I have taken from Punta Gorda in 10 months.
Yes, I have removed my driving glove and slapped you across the face, that is a challenge but of late I have not even been on the SLK forums. It seems daytonajae is the only guy who honestly mods his car.
Most talk is about MaGuires latest wax or such. I did se a title, "SLK carpet discontinued" Boo hoo. CATCH you later. Yes that has a double meaning:)
lest anyone get the wrong impression I have the utmost respect for Jefff as a man and as an SLK owner, mark

#17 ·
Ditto Mark. All in fun! Let me know when and where you want to race!
Why race if one does not want to win? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.