Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble codes c1210, c1707 and c1100

17K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jbanks15 
#1 ·
I just got these codes and I'm searching online, but can't get an exact description of what part is the problem to fix it.

#3 ·
I have an icarsoft scanner

I got the esp/abs malfunction and when I do the scan I get these three codes.

I found a description online for C1100 Left Front Axle VSS Circuit Fault

but I can't find anything on any of the other two fault codes.

#6 ·
Be aware that MB sets both fault codes and warning codes. The CarSoft reader may be interpreting warnings as faults. The only way to know for sure is to have your car hooked up to a MB SDS system. It will tell you all faults and warnings and where the issue is - or at least close. All of these diagnostic systems are best used by techs with experience as as a fault can be set for a particular part when an associated part is the true problem. There is a recent thread here where an `05 350 was throwing codes for a faulty A/C compressor, but it was determined the front SAM was the true problem. Experience helped in that situation.

If it were me I would replace the speed sensor, reset everything, and see if anything else comes up.

#5 ·
if you want your datacard and the part number for the vss post your vin :D

#8 ·
On My comand/NAV what are the code to enter

I have a 2008 SLK 350 edition 10, Silver. I understand the Navigation unit is a comand center and I need the codes?
Next is the Nav unit, is it in the trunk like the owners manual says? I don't want to go to the dealer to get soaked, placing the DVD comand/map disk above the screen in dash..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.