Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No CD Changer Found

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  hasontour 
#1 ·
Just joined SLKWorld as it appears to be the source of reliable information and guidance from fellow owners. I have a 2002 SLK 320 which I intend to drive until the wheels fall off. Last year I had to replace the factory radio which quite working completely. Got a nice Kenwood radio but didn't like the display and had no use for the bells and whistles--besides, I missed the Weather Band.

Sent to original radio to Calif. and got it repaired. Works fine except I continue to get the message CD Changer Not Found. Used to get this sporadically before the radio failed but now it's constant.

A glance at the forum indicates that I am not alone in this problem. I'd like to keep the "original factory" look if possible and still have a lot of CDs, I'd like to listen to. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

#6 ·
Hi gentjim11, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Good to have you on board. Sorry I can't be of any assistance with your CD/Radio issue. I didn't have room for all the CDs so I ripped them to an Ipod. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin'.

#10 ·
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

#12 ·
Greetings from Tennessee !

They changed the Audio systems when they went to the R171, so all of my fiddling is of no use to you. Plenty of 170 folks around, so keep fishing.

Welcome to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.