Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

February Morning Blast

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sgreenham 
#1 ·
It was clear blue skies this morning on the South Coast so a friend and I decided to go for a pre work blast. Thankfully the roads were quiet and it was great to get out and properly open up the car for once. My friend commented on how amazing the AMG sounded. Having said that his 35i sounded pretty damn good too, it creates some great pops and bangs on over-run! Roll on summer!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Great, give me a wave if you do see me! I will no doubt look extremely confused like always!

What do you both fancy doing down here? I'd recommend going for a walk down Southsea sea front if it's nice, it has a huge promenade, great for an ice cream and there can often be quite a bit to look at out in The Solent. Winchester is very nice and Chichester is one of our favourite places for a coffee and a browse around the shops and it's nice to wander around the Cathedral grounds. Also if you go the other way the New Forrest is lovely and if you head to Lyndhurst you can drool over the Ferrari's and the dealership in the centre. Lymington is a very nice waterfront town too.

The New Forrest is very scenic but doesn't have the best driving roads. 40 limit everywhere and many many animals to look out for, narrow too. As for driving roads, I'd recommend heading north out of Fareham towards Wickham along the A32. Continue up the A32 to the crossroad just north of West Meon. Then turn right along the A272 and follow that all the way along through Petersfield continuing to Midhurst or if you want carry on further to Petworth. Then from either of those head down south to Chichester. Before you get to Chichester you will come across Goodwood Motor Circuit. Head in there to see if there is any track days on and to do a bit of plane spotting. If you haven't been to Goodwood before its a really picturesque track. Also a nice little tunnel to drive through!! Then head back the way you came or if you are puhed for time head back along the A27.

Hope this helps. If I think of anything else I'll add it. By the way it's the A272 we went along today and it was great!!

Enjoy your visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.