Mercedes Benz SLK Forum - View Single Post - Ottawa ONtario MB dealers and service

View Single Post
#7 Old 12-05-2013
Der Flieger
Registered Users

Vehicle: silver/red 06 350
Other Toys: 2011 MB C 300 4matic! and 06 Mazda 3; fly B767-300ER
Chats: 38
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to Der Flieger Send a message via Yahoo to Der Flieger
(Thread Starter)
I have to agree with both of you - yes dealers have tons of equipment (that they are making payments on) and some dealer techs really are good. However, I have found of late (with our Mazdas) that more and more the car is plugged in and whatever the analyzer says is it. The other draw back, the techs are most familiar with the car they see the most (ie popular) - the SLK is a relatively rare bird.

I have been taking our SLK to Younge Street Garage here in Ottawa (in Little Italy) and even the service desk guys are pretty smart. Never a problem getting to talk face to face with the mechanic that's worked on the car, or about to (again it's handy to pass on symptoms directly, rather than a redacted version on the service sheet.). Very happy with my indy; he's always given me a fair shake (posted elsewhere, took it in for brakes, only needed the fronts, found a bad bearing replaced that one, not both; had the dreaded limp mode trans malfunction and solved with just the conductor plate).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FUN 4 2

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome