Join Date: May 2013
Location: Wiltshire UK
Vehicle: 2006 SLK 200 Kompressor
Other Toys: Volkswagon T25 Campervan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 7 Times in 1 Post
Have searched the forum and found some info but have unanswered questions that need a bit of clarification please, regarding the THERMATIC (with AC) of which I have, all functions working ok, air direction, all vents, variable (chosen level) heat via the temp dials, Air con working well (brrrr), Rest function works, air recirculation, front and rear screen demist and fan speeds work ok, according to the owner’s manual.
1. Just to avoid confusion (on my part) Heatmatic is the system without AC, Thermatic is the system with AC, Thermotronic is the system with intelligent air con as I understand.
2. Exterior mirrors are heated automatically at low outside temperature, not from demister or heated rear window switches
3. At what temp do the exterior mirrors heat, is it sensed from the outside air temp sensor.
(my outside air temp sensor in correct place and reads correct +/- a couple of degrees)
4. When air recirculation button pressed to stop outside air from entering, fan speed increases slightly
5. When the front wind screen/shield demisting is used fan speed increases, warm air clears the screen (when coolant is warm/hot) when switching off, fan speed decreases, this happens on mine…….. “but” the air conditioning light illuminates when the demist is switched off, cold air is not noticeable as the heating is set around 22/24 if lower, air con is sending cold air and have to turn off manually, is this normal or is function turned off automatically after a length of time, it has been lit for 15 minutes plus, but I turned it off manually, not sure if auto off or when it will turn off.
1 to 4 simple, 5 possibly needs more understanding after the “but” part, hopefully I have explained fully and clearly enough. I remember reading something about the front demister using the air con to demist? not sure if on this forum, or a summer / winter auto setting, or even Merc specific.
Thank you in advance.