SLK World Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
|SLK R171 General Discussion SLK 200, SLK 280, SLK 300, SLK 350, SLK 55 AMG|
|The Following User Says Thank You to coolboarder For This Useful Post:|
I just got the cup holder and ashtray drawers, the cup holder is easy to be replaced but I'm stuck with the ashtray. I only see one screw to the left but nothing on the actual lighter socket side, can someone be kind enough to show me how to remove it? Thanks
Well, I managed to find that plastic cover for the cigarette lighter and found the right side screw after plying the cover out. But even after loosing both screws, the drawer seems stuck. Do I have to slide it out at an angle?
I'm looking to replace my cup holder with the stock drawer...
|The Following User Says Thank You to DansSlk For This Useful Post:|
Look this is not difficult -
1) Put the shifter into N
2) Grab the driver side of the leather covering and push it to the passenger side (It will release)
3) Lift the leather cover and turn the release key on the shift lever
4) Pull the shift knob and leather cover up and they will pop off the lever
5) Lift the trim piece that houses the gear mod button and the little display with the shift lever positions marked on it
6) Disconnect the electrical connector on the trim piece and set it aside
7) Put your hand into the opening in the center console and pull up to release the panel
8) Disconnect the 2 electrical connections and set the panel aside.
9) NOW YOU CAN WORK ON REMOVING THE ASHTRAY AND IT WILL SLIDE RIGHT OUT
5 minutes of work at the most, just because somebody managed to pull on the tray hard enough to force it out without removing the trim does not mean its the right way to do it.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SLK 230 , ashtray problem...||HBK||SLK R170 General Discussion||1||10-27-2008 07:46 PM|
|Drawer instead of ashtray.||SportyDog||Where to get R171 SLK Items||0||04-10-2008 10:36 AM|
|AshTray||DukeJZ||Ask DansSLK||2||09-27-2007 09:52 AM|
|Coin box/ashtray removal?||SLKman||SLK R170 General Discussion||2||05-23-2007 05:43 PM|
|How do you remove the shift knob? How do you remove the little badge on||cyberdrakon||General Modifications R171||5||08-28-2006 04:01 PM|