Are you sure about this??? A larger SC diameter pulley will slow down the SC and make you lose power, a smaller diameter SC pulley will increase the rpms on the SC and increase power...
Ok wow, I see a bunch of people who have no clue how a supercharger even works....for thoose of you, I would highly recomend educating yourself with books before you even approach this mod.
the way a blower, i.e. supercharger, works in simple terms.
-the supercharger is connected to your intake to the motor...the supercharger also has a pulley connected to the crank pulley of the car...
the faster the supercharger pulley spins, the more air the turbines force into the motor. you can do this one of three ways....
1) a BIGGER crank pulley will spin the supercharger pulley faster
2) a smller supercharger pulley will spin the supercharger faster
3) a bigger crank pulley AND a smaller crank pulley will really spin the supercharger fastest.
now the down side...when you go very small on the supercharger pulley you tend to get belt slippage because the belt does not have alot of surface area to grab onto. people have gotten around this using extra belt tensioners in their cars.
second problem....the more air you force into the motor, the more gas your motor needs and the more heat is produced...
1) larger fuel injectors or a new map is needed on your computer
2) if going super high in boost you will need to get forged pistons and rods to handle the exta stress put on the motor.
3) in order to handle the extra heat from more compressed air, you will need a larger intercooler, or water methonal cooler as well.
***with the ASP kit, you are only adding a few PSI to the motor and the stock internals should be able to handle this without upgrading the internals, however a new fuel map will be needed, i.e. they provide this I believe.
*****GENERAL RULE OF THUMB for supercharging, for every 6psi added to the motor via supercharger you will gain roughly 50% more horsepower... for example, if your car is making 150HP, if you added 6psi to that motor, you would now be making 225HP.
hope this helps some of you clear things up..
ignore my spelling, i was typing this very quickly