Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLK 350 Poor AM Radio Reception

5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Mensra 
#1 ·
Brand new (2012) SLK 350 Has exyremely poor radio reception on AM band.
Has been in the shop longer than I've owned the car.
Just received a call from dealer.. He has atttributed it to a bad ground in the rear window glass.
Apparently, there is a seperate antenna when the top is down, versus when the top is up.
Can't wait to get the car back to see if in fact this fixes the problem.. Anyone else have this problem ???

#2 ·
CarolRays1,

Moved your post from homepage news to r172 general discussion

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. And it only takes about 30 seconds to do!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about your problems. I have not used AM at all on my 2012 SLK. The only time in decades that I have listened to AM was to catch a football game that I could not find on a FM station and that was years ago, too.

#4 ·
Welcome, and sorry to hear about your problems. I've not played a lot with the R172 ICE system, and that's the first I've heard of a dual antenna system...

As with most others, it's been years since I've listened to AM in any car - I'm pretty much iPod, Sirius, FM Radio, and then sound of the engine! :)

#6 ·
I wish you luck getting the AM band fixed, but if Sirius had these problems for me... boy, then there'd be a PROBLEM!!! :mad:

#7 ·
Re: AM Radio Reception (R-172) 2012 SLK 350
Dealer has indicated that a solution has not been found for this particular problem.
He is communucating with Corporate office in Monvale, NJ, MBUSA for an engineering solution.
After spending a few bucks on a high-quality vehicle, I expect everything to work.
Seems to be a major radio/engineering issue on the AM Band reception.

#11 ·
I finally remembered to try the AM radio yesterday, and everything works just fine. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having..hope it gets resolved soon.

#14 ·
So you took the car home and they called you back when they had a solution?
Pretty good service... Good to hear positive outcomes!:tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.